Server side printer drivers

Tom Alsberg alsbergt at cs.huji.ac.il
Sun Jun 20 11:20:12 GMT 2004

Another semi-related question:

On Windows XP, when I do "Add Printer" as Administrator, the printer
is installed and usable by all users.  When I do it as some domain
user, but one which is in the Domain Admins group, it is being
installed local to its profile, and not visible to other users.

That's a bit disturbing, since the idea of the "Domain Admins" group
for us is not to have to log in as Administrator.  This is of course a
Windows problem and not in Samba - but has anyone any idea how to
globally install a printer as a domain user (with domain admin
privileges)?

  Thanks,
  -- Tom

--
  Tom Alsberg - hacker (being the best description fitting this space)
  Web page:	http://www.cs.huji.ac.il/~alsbergt/