pdbedit - Export to LDIF

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Jun 3 10:19:38 GMT 2004

On Thu, 2004-06-03 at 02:19, Julius Enarusai wrote:
> The attached patch provides the abililty to export all users in tbdsam
> to a LDIF file. More specifically, it adds two additional options, "-E
> or --Export-ldif" and "-F or --ldiffilename" and exports all the records
> to the specified file in LDIF format, using the ldap user suffix from
> smb.conf. If the filename option is not provided, it creates the ldif
> file in /tmp directory. Any comments will be appreciated.

Implementation comments aside, I'm just not convinced this is even the
right design.  The knowledge of what LDAP entries mean what is in
pdb_ldap.c - not in pdbedit.  If we change some detail, we would have to
update both places.

What is the need for this patch - and could it be implemented like
pdb_xml - as a passdb backend we could import from and export too?

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet at samba.org
Student Network Administrator, Hawker College   abartlet at hawkerc.net