fcntl cooperation with server side processes

Chris Green cmg at dok.org
Wed Jul 21 16:57:32 GMT 2004

Herb Lewis <hlewis at panasas.com> writes:

> On your samba system run smbstatus -L to see what windows locks are on
> the files. When I use explorer to copy a file I see something like the
> following

With the default config + strict locking:

Locked files:
Pid    DenyMode   Access      R/W        Oplock           Name
5614   DENY_ALL   0x30196     WRONLY     EXCLUSIVE+BATCH  /path/cygwin.tar

With the default config + strict locking + "oplocks = no":

Locked files:
Pid    DenyMode   Access      R/W        Oplock           Name
5706   DENY_ALL   0x30196     WRONLY     NONE    /path/cygwin.tar

What does the R/W field mean?  Is it the status of the POSIX lock or
the status of a win32 specific lock?
--
Chris Green <cmg at dok.org>
Chicken's thinkin'