fcntl cooperation with server side processes

Herb Lewis hlewis at panasas.com
Tue Jul 20 22:58:29 GMT 2004

On your samba system run smbstatus -L to see what windows locks are on
the files. When I use explorer to copy a file I see something like the
following

# smbstatus -d0 -L
Locked files:
Pid    DenyMode   Access      R/W        Oplock           Name
9025   DENY_ALL   0x30196     WRONLY     EXCLUSIVE+BATCH  /bigfile   Tue Jul

And after the copy finishes I see

# smbstatus -d0 -L
No locked files