solved: Problem using CP850 with samba-3.0.4

Michael Collin Nielsen michael at hum.aau.dk
Wed Jul 21 14:13:29 GMT 2004

Hi

I came to the conclusion that the libiconv, that I supplied when I ran
configure wasn't used... config.log showed that the shared library
couldn't be loaded by the configure script. The configure only adds a -L
libiconv-path not a -R libiconv-path, therefore all the tests failed. I
added a LDFLAGS=-R/path/to/libiconv/lib, and now configure is able to do
the conversions :-)

All is now nice and dandy :-) Sorry for taking your time...

Regards

-Mciahel