wrepld and secondary wins server

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Wed Jul 7 21:53:25 GMT 2004

On Wed, Jul 07, 2004 at 08:11:48PM +0200, Ottavio Campana wrote:
> Christopher R. Hertel wrote:
> >JF is a Samba Team member.  He did a lot of work reverse-engineering WINS
> >replication.  I've tried to follow up but have not had time.
> >
> >Basically, the work is not complete and does not work with current Samba
> >versions.  wrepld is *definitely* experimental.  When I get time, I want
> >to document the WINS replication protocols.  In the mean time, I have
> >found a few good Microsoft documents that explaine, at a higher level, how
> >replication works.  If you're interested, I can pass along the links.
>
> great!
>
> can you please send me them?
>
> thank you :-)

Only if you promise to share what you learn about WINS replication.  :)

Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0 WINS: Architecture and Capacity Planning
  http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dnnetbios/html/msdn_winswp.asp

Browsing WANs using WINS
  http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/en/server/help/sag_WINS_und_BrowsingWithWins.htm

Then just search Microsoft's sites for "WINS replication".  Lots of stuff
turns up.

Chris -)-----

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh at ubiqx.mn.org
OnLineBook -- http://ubiqx.org/cifs/    -)-----   crh at ubiqx.org