CVS update: samba/source/include

Ronan Waide waider at waider.ie
Thu Jan 8 14:00:13 GMT 2004

On January 8, simo.sorce at xsec.it said:
> My idea is to build up a samba own replication service through some rpc,
> so that we can replicate both pdb and idmap.
>
> It's needed, and not necessarily to much difficult to do.

Naive question though it may be, but would it not be better to use the
Windows replication mechanisms so that mixed NT/Samba domain
controllers are possible? Of course, this does involve
reverse-engineering, etc. but the state of the samsync code suggests
that a lot of it is already in place.

Waider.
--
waider at waider.ie / Yes, it /is/ very personal of me.

"It's a horrible thing to watch, almost like watching an infant tottering
 toward a porcupine." - Kyle Jones on MIS people writing C