CVS update: samba/source/include

Richard Renard rrenard at idealx.com
Thu Jan 8 14:43:08 GMT 2004

On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 02:58:54PM +0100, Volker.Lendecke at SerNet.DE wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 02:53:53PM +0100, Simo Sorce wrote:
> > My idea is to build up a samba own replication service through some rpc,
> > so that we can replicate both pdb and idmap.
>
> Hmm. I thought the idealx already provided us with the delta receiving stuff.
> If you want to do that with RPCs, I would go that path.

The patch is just missing the server side of the replication process but the
client side works (for deltas that are implemented) so for pdb it could be ok
but for idmap it could be necessary to "create" some new delta types.
i also think that it could be interesting to find out the content of 2k/2k3
deltas so samba_delta_type do not overlap 2k deltas.

Richard

rrenard at idealx.com