[Samba] winbind mapping depuration

Nahuel Greco ngreco at axonsis.com.ar
Tue Feb 10 16:01:03 GMT 2004

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 07:18:48 +1100
Andrew Bartlett <abartlet at samba.org> wrote:

> Why do you need to remove the mappings?
>
> Seriously - on NT, the SIDs are never re-used, and unless you have
> 16-bit uids, you have 2^32 uids to waste before this becomes a problem.

I saw that 32bits uid (and gid?) support on the Kernel, but I was afraid
that the usual applications (ftp server, etc) doesnt have support for it
yet. But if the majority of the apps support them, then I will choose
that solution. My need of depuration of winbind mappings was based on
16bits UIDs/GIDs.

Thanks for your help.

Saludos,
Nahuel Greco.