bug? Samba ADS member server does _not_ accept userid/pw but only kerberos

Stefan Beck beckst at tiscali.de
Wed Feb 4 19:58:33 GMT 2004

Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

> Volker Lendecke wrote:
>
> | Really? I had problems with IP addresses. But this might
> | be only over NetBIOS, Port 445 might be different.
>
> For 'security = ads', and IP address should work fine.
> If not, I would call it a bug.  for 'security = domain', we
> do a node status lookup to get the name needed for the nbt
> session setup.

Using names instead of ip addresses didn't changed anything.
I like testing _without_ names avoid any name resolution problems.

btw. I opened a bug report (#1036) since I posted my problem to the
samba mailing list before
(http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2004-February/079816.html) but
haven't got any replies so far.

regards