PIDL, ethereal, etc.

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Dec 28 05:32:24 GMT 2004

On Mon, 2004-12-27 at 21:25 -0800, kmorank wrote:
> Is there value in "resyncing" eparser, PIDL, and ethereal? I sure like having the
> immediacy that ethereal provides; perhaps I'll have a chance to look at the
> lorikeet stuff in the next few days.

There certainly is value in this area, as there has been ever since Tim
Potter (tpot) started work on the PIDL plugins for ethereal.

Ndrdump isn't intended to replace ethereal, but is instead for IDL
development - we can easily recompile ndrdump with new IDL and re-parse,
testing for correctness.

What has changed is the strategy, and I expect Tim will post some new
patches (or put them in lorikeet) when he finishes his rewrite.

Andrew Bartlett <abartlet at samba.org>