[proposal] Samba Software Foundation

public domain publicdomain0082000 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Dec 17 00:35:15 GMT 2004

> If you want to talk of respect, respect the Samba
team's wishes that you
> no longer post to this list,

consider it done.

> and that they are not interested in
> considering contributions with a bizarre revocable
licence.

i was not made aware until now of such lack of
interest.

but anyway: it is now moot.

i was genuinely hoping to enter into a discussion, a
dialog, a negotiation, to reach agreement, to reach a
compromise, to create an opportunity to move things
forward.

anyway.  after the responses that i (mostly privately)
received, and also after careful consideration, the
point you and others raise is why i decided to release
all my samba-related code (nmbd, samba tng, cliffs,
freedce ntlmssp and ncalrpc plugins) into the public
domain.

> Any further postings from your pseudonyms to
samba.org before March 15
> will be considered net abuse (i.e. unauthorized
access to a computer
> system).

 you [plural] are entitled to believe what you wish if
it helps to convince of the ... "legality" /
"correctness" / "right-ness" of your [plural] actions.

i won't describe any of the harrowing analogies that
first spring to mind that best capture your [plural]
decision, but will merely leave you with this thought:

do you know where the word "privilege" comes from?

it means "private law".

>  You can reply to me alone (not the lists) if you
wish.

... how am i to do that if you send me a message from
a samba.org email account?

anyway: despite all that, which isn't intended as
criticism at what is probably an oversight on your
part, i still remember you kindly, martin, and your
smile, and that you introduced me to python, which has
made me little stacks of $ in various little projects.

l.

p.s. at some point could someone please kindly tell me
how the aims i am trying to further are off-topic for
samba discussion?