outsourcing DCE/RPC to alternate programs - runtime config option

tridge at samba.org tridge at samba.org
Sat Dec 11 13:37:01 GMT 2004

 >  are you sure that you're not confusing interface versioning
 >  with something else?

yes, i'm quite sure.

don't make the mistake of thinking the samba4 rpc code is anything
like the samba3 code or the tng code. It is a completely different
animal. We handle and check interface versions, and we handle multiple
interfaces on a pipe.

If you taken a careful look at the samba4 rpc code (both client and
server) you will perhaps understand why splitting this at the ipc pipe
level makes no sense.

Another good starting point would be to run the RPC-EPMAPPER torture
test against a Samba4 server, with and without the [print] flag in the
binding string.

See http://samba.org/~tridge/rpc/samba4-epmapper.out
and http://samba.org/~tridge/rpc/samba4-epmapper-print.out
for sample output.

Note that 'found' lines are listed multiple times due to the way
RPC-EPMAPPER does its scanning.

If you look at this carefully you will see that ipc level pipes can
cover several totally different rpc interfaces.