outsourcing DCE/RPC to alternate programs - runtime config option

Anthony Liguori aliguori at us.ibm.com
Fri Dec 10 19:59:33 GMT 2004

On Thu, 2004-12-09 at 15:34, Jeremy Allison wrote:

> In what way ? Can you explain the failures here please ?

Gah, my tests were apparently not right.  Apparently Samba does do the
right think here.  I just didn't understand how it worked.  A partial
read over a pipe will get sent over the network and the client will
repeat just keep asking for more data until it gets what it needs.

Ethereal just doesn't decode it right.

I've included a URL to my samr test library.  It's a giant hack and will
only work for using the net rpc info command.  I literally just return
static data blobs.  There's a compile flag that can be set to return
half of the blobs instead of the full blobs which will test the partial
read/write code.

Samr test pipe:

http://rockhopper.homelinux.org/named_pipes.tgz

--