connecting to printer only as printeradmin

Franz Pförtsch franz.pfoertsch at brose.net
Mon Dec 6 17:30:16 GMT 2004

> | In "older" Samba 3.0 there wasn't this behaviour.
>
> printers are always given a default security descriptor
> that is 'root (full control), everyong (print)'.  This
> hasn't changed since the 2.2.x days IIRC.
>
> Maybe something else has changed in your configuration
> (e.g. the domain SID or local machine SID)?
In my environment has changed a lot.
My windows colleges are working always on there AD.
They are moving from W2K to W2K3 and so on.
But I was very supriesed when we upgraded the samba from 3.0.8 to 3.0.9 and
all new generated printers are NOT printable.

I created an new samba/cups server joined him into the domain and all new
printers are not allowed to connect.

   :-((

regards
Franz