KIP, Powerprint Request software -samba
jra at samba.org
Wed Aug 25 21:09:54 GMT 2004
On Tue, Aug 17, 2004 at 10:42:38AM +1100, James Peach wrote:
> Great! I wasn't positive I'd taken the right approach, because I thought
> that maybe I was missing a peculiar reason for the allocation in
> OpenDir(). Is there one?
ok, this comment from findnext in trans2.c is the closest to a
reason I can see....
* Fix for NT redirector problem triggered by resume key indexes
* changing between directory scans. We now return a resume key of 0
* and instead look for the filename to continue from (also given
* to us by NT/95/smbfs/smbclient). If no other scans have been done between the
* findfirst/findnext (as is usual) then the directory pointer
* should already be at the correct place. Check this by scanning
* backwards looking for an exact (ie. case sensitive) filename match.
* If we get to the beginning of the directory and haven't found it then scan
* forwards again looking for a match. JRA.
Going backwards when we're doing a lazy search would be really painful.
More information about the samba-technical