KIP, Powerprint Request software -samba

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Wed Aug 25 21:09:54 GMT 2004

On Tue, Aug 17, 2004 at 10:42:38AM +1100, James Peach wrote:

> Great! I wasn't positive I'd taken the right approach, because I thought
> that maybe I was missing a peculiar reason for the allocation in
> OpenDir(). Is there one?

ok, this comment from findnext in trans2.c is the closest to a
reason I can see....

                 * Fix for NT redirector problem triggered by resume key indexes
                 * changing between directory scans. We now return a resume key of 0
                 * and instead look for the filename to continue from (also given
                 * to us by NT/95/smbfs/smbclient). If no other scans have been done between the
                 * findfirst/findnext (as is usual) then the directory pointer
                 * should already be at the correct place. Check this by scanning
                 * backwards looking for an exact (ie. case sensitive) filename match.
                 * If we get to the beginning of the directory and haven't found it then scan
                 * forwards again looking for a match. JRA.
                 */

Going backwards when we're doing a lazy search would be really painful.

Jeremy.