NT Security Semantics patch

samba.0billj04 at spamgourmet.com samba.0billj04 at spamgourmet.com
Mon Aug 23 13:54:02 GMT 2004

Hi!
I'm interested in porting the NT Security Semantics patch, originally
written by Matt Zinkevicius
(http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-technical/2002-April/020624.html).
I'd like to port it to Samba_3_0_RELEASE (the patch currently is written
against 3.0-beta3).  I've been looking around the source code, and noticed
that there is now support for storing DOS attributes in EA (as of 3.0.3).
I assume that I can use this as-is and focus exclusively on porting the NT
security semantics.  Do the DOS attributes support Hidden, Archive, etc.
on directories?  Anything else I should be aware of before I start?  Is
anyone else working on this that I should coordinate with?

~Bill