Accessing Samba with Pocket PC 2003

Eric Glass eric.glass at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 10:54:29 GMT 2004

> I took a look at all of these catures, but none of the
> pocketpc -> winxp client captures are useful. Neither
> the first nor third capture contains a negotiate protocol
> setup packet, meaning the session was already established
> when you started the capture.

One thing I noticed on the pocketpc-samba capture; the pocketpc is
indicating DOS error codes w/Extended security (which I didn't know
was valid -- I thought extended security implied NT error codes).
Samba's reply indicates it is using NT error codes.

If Samba is making the same assumption I did (extended security ->
client must support NT error codes) this could be the reason for the
failed negotiation.

Eric