NTLM group retrieval

Simon Annear simon.annear at solnetsolutions.co.nz
Thu Apr 22 00:33:13 GMT 2004

Not sure if this is way off the mark

but a simple answer to the question
"Is it possible to retrieve group membership information from an NT4
domain controller?"

from an nt workstation "net localgroup users" will give a list of all of
the local machine

net group "domain users" /domain from our terminal server (member server)

gives me a list of all of the users in our domain to which the terminal
server belongs

I guess this should give you enough to see the windows functionality -
although I don't currently have access to a samba server to test it against.

Simon