migrate pdc from samba 3.0-alpha21 with ldapsam to samba pdc 3.0.2a with tdbsam?

Eddie Lania eddie at lania.nl
Thu Apr 15 21:28:24 GMT 2004

Hello folks,

I would like to upgrade my current samba pdc 3.0-alpha21 with ldapsam to a
samba pdc 3.0.2a with tdbsam.
This all has te be done using the same, single machine.

Can this be done?

I am allready testing a bit but when I copy the secrets.tdb from the old
samba to the new samba version and start it up, the w.s. I am on is telling
me that the domain controller cannot be found and using svrmgr.exe tells me
that the previous primairy domain controller has become a backup domain
controller.

Result is that I am no longer able to log on to the domain anymore.

Is there a way to get arround this?

My thanks for your help.

Eddie.