smbldap-tools: no write access to parent

Graham Leggett minfrin at sharp.fm
Sun Apr 4 01:50:52 GMT 2004

Hi all,

I am having further weirdness with the smbldap-tools v0.8.4 package.

I have configured it to connect to the my testing LDAP server using the
root DN (to be locked down later when I get out the starting gates), but
despite being the root DN, I get this error:

[root at gatekeeper root]# /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-useradd -w gandalf
failed to add entry: no write access to parent at
/usr/local/sbin//smbldap_tools.pm line 366.

I have double checked by hacking at the perl script: The correct DN, and
the correct password are being used. When I try use ldapmodify with the
same root DN and password, I can add a user successfully, but
smbldap-tools still refuses to cooperate.

Has anyone had this problem before?

Regards,
Graham