smbldap-tools: no write access to parent

Graham Leggett minfrin at sharp.fm
Sun Apr 4 02:58:11 GMT 2004

Graham Leggett wrote:

> I have double checked by hacking at the perl script: The correct DN, and
> the correct password are being used. When I try use ldapmodify with the
> same root DN and password, I can add a user successfully, but
> smbldap-tools still refuses to cooperate.

The problem turns out to be the ./configure.pl script for smbldap-tools.

When the bind DN was imported from smb.conf, it put an extra set of
double quotes around the DN, like this: ""cn=Manager"".

Is it possible to update smbldap-tools to be aware of double quotes when
importing the config?

Regards,
Graham