12, not 8 char limit in testparm?

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Tue Sep 16 15:28:54 GMT 2003

Well, I've made a change...  It currently reads:

WARNING: You have some share names that are longer than 12 characters.
These may not be accessible to some older clients.
(Eg. Windows9x, WindowsMe, and smbclient prior to Samba 3.0.

I'm happy to change it to something better if there is agreement.

Chris -)-----

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh at ubiqx.mn.org
OnLineBook -- http://ubiqx.org/cifs/    -)-----   crh at ubiqx.org