12, not 8 char limit in testparm?

David Collier-Brown -- Customer Engineering David.Collier-Brown at sun.com
Tue Sep 16 11:21:25 GMT 2003

Christopher R. Hertel wrote:

> Browsing itself doesn't fail.  The RAP calls simply don't return names
> longer than 12 chars.  Those shares are "invisible" to older clients.

	Hmmn... how about "...these shares may be invisible
	to Windows 9X and ME clients".

	I admit I'm also assuming that all the old copies of
	smbclient were taken out of service by the time
	this message gets into production (;-))

--dave

--
David Collier-Brown,       | Always do right. This will gratify
Sun Microsystems,          | some people and astonish the rest.
(905) 415-2849 or x52849   | davecb at canada.sun.com