smbpasswd backend used by default ?

Simo Sorce simo.sorce at xsec.it
Mon Sep 15 08:33:37 GMT 2003

On Mon, 2003-09-15 at 10:18, Volker Lendecke wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 15, 2003 at 10:15:01AM +0200, Aurélien Degrémont wrote:
> > Backward compatibilty is good, and Samba 3 perfectly supports smbpasswd
> > backend, but use new features is better, particularly in this case.
>
> Even if you started with smbpasswd, switching is very easy:
>
> pdbedit -i smbpasswd -e tdbsam

I know I helped Jelmer to create this extension when pdbedit was
created, but there are also other defaults that would be nice to have in
samba 3 but not nice to force as upgrade, like "encrypted password" that
defaults to false on old releases and should default to yes in samba3
config.

Simo.

Simo Sorce - simo.sorce at xsec.it
Xsec s.r.l. - http://www.xsec.it
via Durando 10 Ed. G - 20158 - Milano
mobile: +39 329 328 7702
tel. +39 02 2399 7130 - fax: +39 02 700 442 399