Mac OS X - compilation experiences and issues

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Fri Sep 12 23:30:51 GMT 2003

On Fri, Sep 12, 2003 at 03:25:26PM +0200, Benjamin Riefenstahl wrote:
> Hi Jeremy,
>

> Sorry to be persistent.  I did a quick code review, to see how much of
> a problem I actually have here.  I thought at the least I should tell
> you about the results.  I think I have also noted two bugs, if you are
> interested.

Ok, I'm happy to check in a varient of this patch. It's
surrounded in a few places by a :

#ifdef BROKEN_UNICODE_COMPOSE_CHARACTERS

as I don't want others to pay the penalty for MacOSX
stupidity. Can you tell me what :

case "$host_os"

returns when you ./configure for MacOSX - that way
I can add the define for MacOSX into the configure.in
and it'll work out of the box. MacOSX isn't the only
special case here, we have to do some different things
for HPUX and Solaris etc.

Jeremy.