FW: Samba Problem with File Timestamp

vu_lan at onebox.com vu_lan at onebox.com
Wed Sep 3 14:08:27 GMT 2003

--
Lan Vu
vu_lan at onebox.com - email
(512) 682-6988 x6937 - voicemail/fax

-----Original Message-----
From:     vu_lan at onebox.com
Sent:     Wed, 03 Sep 2003 02:21:46 -0400
To:       samba-bugs at samba.org
Cc:       vu_lan at onebox.com
Subject:  Samba Problem with File Timestamp

Dear Samba Developer/Maintainer:

I am running a Samba server on Linux, samba -v 2.2.8.  When I create a file from a Windows 2000 client connecting to the Samba server, the time stamp as seen from the Windows 2000 client is off from the Samba server system clock.  When I log into the Linux Samba server and look at the time stamp the file shows the correct time when it was created.  It is very strange that the creation time of the files as seen in the Linux is different than if you see it from the Windows client.  I use GMT time zone in my Linux machine.  Is there any way I can solve this?

Regards,
Lan