Blank Page printing with Samba 3.0

Hansjoerg Maurer Hansjoerg.Maurer at dlr.de
Wed Oct 15 10:51:00 GMT 2003

Hi,

we had this Problem with two HP Printers (Using the Adobe Driver)
There was a field in the device settings
Ctrl-D at the End of  job YES
Ctrl-D at the beginning of job NO

I reverted the settings to
Ctrl-D at the End of job NO
Ctrl-D at the beginning of  Job YES

(Translated from German Windows)
and it works

Grettings

Hansjoerg

>On Tue, 2003-10-14 at 02:23, Rizzo, John wrote:
>

>>I have Samba 3.0 configured to use cups 1.1.19 as a backend for
>>printing.  Samba is acting as an AD member server and only as a print
>>server to its clients.  I have over 100 printers configured on this
>>system and for some reason a blank page is printed after every print
>>job.  I have tried this with several PPD files from both
>>linuxprinting.org as well as from the manufacturer and the same is
>>happening.  This doesn't happen when I print directly through cups
>>bypassing samba.  Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am hoping
>>to replace our current MS printing infrastructure with Samba/CUPS
>>shortly and this seems to be the last hurdle to getting everything
>>working perfectly.

Dr.  Hansjoerg Maurer           | LAN- & System-Manager

Deutsches Zentrum               | DLR Oberpfaffenhofen
  f. Luft- und Raumfahrt e.V.   |
Institut f. Robotik             |
Postfach 1116                   | Muenchner Strasse 20
82230 Wessling                  | 82234 Wessling
Germany                         |

Tel: 08153/28-2431              | E-mail: Hansjoerg.Maurer at dlr.de
Fax: 08153/28-1134              | WWW: http://www.robotic.dlr.de/