NT status/error codes instead of DOS error codes - bug 3.0.0

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Sat Nov 29 23:32:33 GMT 2003

On Fri, Nov 28, 2003 at 01:20:35PM -0800, John Kleven wrote:
> Samba 3.0.0 bug possible - wanted to get any input
> from developers:
>
> When i attach to smbd version 3.0.0 i specify in all
> my client packets (via flags2 arg) that i do NOT
> understand NT style error codes.
>
> Also, in my capabilities 32 bit int sent in session
> setup packet -- I say that i do not speak NT style
> error codes.
>
> But Samba 3.0.0 continues to send me NT codes for the
> packets that i send.
>
> Here's the catch -- if the request to the smbd server
> is succesful (i.e. a session setup login packet to
> server) it sends me the NT success code (i.e. flags2
> says that error codes are NT style).  BUT... when a
> request fails, it DOES send me the DOS error code like
> it should.

Can you please send me a capture trace of this and a debug
level 10 from the smbd ? There is code in smbd/errors.c to
prevent this from happening (see error_packet()). If we're
doing this I'd like to know about it.

The flags in the client packets don't matter, it's the
bit in the sessionsetup capabilities bit that smbd looks
at to determine this.

Thanks,

	Jeremy.