Copied file vanishes when client is OS X

Ed Holden eholden at mclean.harvard.edu
Wed Nov 26 15:00:20 GMT 2003

Yes, I'm already on 3.0.  My smb.conf is the same file I was using when
I started on 2.x.  It's more complex than yours:

[general]
    workgroup = RESEARCH
    netbios name = DMC2
    server string = Neuroregeneration Samba Server %v
    printcap name = cups
    load printers = yes
    printing = cups
    printer admin = @adm
    log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
    max log size = 50
    log level = 10
    map to guest = bad user
    security = user
    encrypt passwords = yes
    smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd
    local master = no
    os level = 33
    domain master = no
    preferred master = no
    dns proxy = no

[NRL Folders]
   comment = NRL Data Folders
   browseable = yes
   writeable = yes
   path = /home/nrldata
   create mask = 7777
   directory mask = 7770
   fstype = Samba
   hide dot files = no

[printers]
    comment = All Printers
    path = /var/spool/samba
    browseable = no
    guest ok = yes
    writable = no
    printable = yes
    create mode = 0700
    print command = lpr-cups -P %p -o raw %s -r
[print$]
    path = /var/lib/samba/printers
    browseable = yes
    read only = yes
    write list = @adm root
    guest ok = yes

[pdf-generator]
    path = /var/tmp
    guest ok = No
    printable = Yes
    comment = PDF Generator (only valid users)
    print command = /usr/share/samba/scripts/print-pdf %s ~%u //%L/%u %m
%I "%J" &

Benjamin Riefenstahl wrote:
> Hi Ed,
>

> Benjamin.Riefenstahl at epost.de wrote:
>
>>So maybe just updating the Samba server may work for you.
>

> A sorry, I forgot that you said that you had already updated to Samba
> 3.  Forget about that than.  So what is different at your site?  I
> used this simple rather smb.conf:
>
>   [global]
>      workgroup = BENNY
>      server string = Linux/PPC
>      encrypt passwords = yes
>
>   [PlayGround]
>      comment = PlayGround
>      path = /mnt/playground
>      writeable = Yes
>

> benny

Any information, including protected health information (PHI), transmitted
in this email is intended only for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and or
exempt from disclosure under applicable Federal or State law. Any review,
retransmission, dissemination or other use of or taking of any action in
reliance upon, protected health information (PHI) by persons or entities other
than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this email in error,
please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.