Windows 98 & no password.

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Wed Nov 19 22:08:28 GMT 2003

Okay, I'm *guessing* at this point because I don't have a W98 box handy to
test against.

First thing to check is the network configuration on the box.  What does
it say about primary logon?  Is it Windows logon or Client for Microsoft
Networks?

You can test this fairly easily, but I *think* that if it's set to
"Windows logon" then the system will request a separate password when
connecting to a share.

Chris -)-----

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh at ubiqx.mn.org
OnLineBook -- http://ubiqx.org/cifs/    -)-----   crh at ubiqx.org