Windows 98 & no password.

Trevor Fraser trevor at redlinx.co.za
Wed Nov 19 18:43:26 GMT 2003

Hi All,

What happens if there is a Windows 98 machine that doesn't have a
password, what I mean is the guy puts in his user name and a blank
password and hits the enter key and he is in.

How do I map a network drive for this guy.  I don't find a 'logon as'
function on '98, and as far as I've read, the system will try to log on
using his user name and password from the system.

I'm using Samba 2.3 (I think, its the one that came standard with Red
Hat 7.3)  Any help or clarity on this will be appreciated.

Regards,
Trevor.