What's next for Samba ?

tridge at samba.org tridge at samba.org
Sat Nov 15 20:33:35 GMT 2003

Marc Kaplan writes:
 > Almost as large (or perhaps larger) is the testing of this code. Are you
 > planning to write something into the samba4 test suite to test at least the
 > new ACL enforcement code?

yes :)

the ultimate method will be using gentest. I just need to add random
acl get/set to gentest, and then we should be able to run gentest
between a Samba4 box and a w2k3 box. Running it for a while should
quickly find any code paths that don't have authorization checks on
them.

Of course, that will only work once smbd in Samba4 is close enough to
windows that gentest becomes truly useful, so in the meantime we would
need some more targetted tests, but the eventual aim is gentest.