AW: APW is missing

Ronan Waide waider at waider.ie
Tue May 20 14:10:21 GMT 2003

On May 20, jerry at samba.org said:

> I think you are thinking about rpcclient.  The bug was in the client
> code (not the server code) as I remember it.

No, there was definitely a problem on the server side. As I recall it,
a printer admin can ask for MAXIMUM_ALLOWED_PRIVILEGE without setting
any of the printer admin flags, and the code didn't handle this. The
rpcclient was (perhaps mistakenly) changed to ask for printer admin
bits, which I suggested as the correct solution but I think it's
actually incorrect if you compare against windows traces.

Mind, this is recollection, not code excavation :)

Cheers,
Waider.
--
waider at waider.ie / Yes, it /is/ very personal of me.

"It didn't used to work like this. I want my old brain back. This is so unfair."
                           - Jamie Zawinski