bug in pjob_store (3.0alpha20)

Mike Durian durian at shadetreesoftware.com
Thu Mar 27 23:18:06 GMT 2003

Before I send all the details, I thought I'd check to see if this is
a known problem.  I've got version 3.0 alpha20 running on a FreeBSD
-current box.  When I try to print from a Win2000 box, smbd encounters
an internal error.  Gdb shows pjob_store() is calling pjob_store_notify()
with a bad old_data.dptr pointer.

(gdb) p old_data
$1 = {dptr = 0x800 <Error reading address 0x800: Bad address>, dsize = 0}
(gdb) frame
#9  0x081a4ce4 in pjob_store (snum=6, jobid=3, pjob=0xbfbfec90)
    at printing/printing.c:582
582                     pjob_store_notify( snum, jobid, (struct printjob
*)old_data.dptr, pjob );

I've got, use client driver = yes, in my smb.conf file.

Shall I provide more details, or is this a known problem?

mike