Passwd sync on ldapsam

Krištof Petr Petr at Kristof.CZ
Sat Mar 15 19:27:07 GMT 2003

Hi,

I configured samba 2.2.7a with --ldapsam. Works fine.
Pasword changes are updated on ldap server on
lmPassword and ntPassword atributes. Good.

But I want to synchronize unix password too.

Samba did not update userPassword or never
call /bin/passwd or pam to change it.

This behavior doesnt depend on setting
unix password sync = yes
or
pam password change = yes

smbpasswd does:

- bind ldap seerver
   search (uid=joe)&(objectClass=sambaAccount)

- bind ldap server
   search (objectClass=posixAccount)&(uid=joe)

- bind ldap server
   modify DN: uid=joe,dc=People,dc=company,dc=com
   attribute ntPassword
   attribute lmPassword

- bind ldap server
   search (uid=joe)&(objectClass=sambaAccount)
   search (objectClass=posixAccount)&(uid=joe)

I think correct behavior is modify userPassword too.

Best regs

    Petr