Samba 3.0 Alpha22 + AD Domain, RedHat Kerberos Problems

ODC odc-public at hotpop.com
Tue Mar 11 20:12:55 GMT 2003

Herb Lewis wrote:
> This is only true for accounts that existed before the server became
> an ADS (administrator being the most important since you need that
> to join the domain). After you are up and running as an ADS I think
> new users get created correctly.

Interesting.

Just to clarify, by ADS we're referencing Active Directory Server
(Windows 2000 Server), not Samba ADS ?

Thanks for the help, I'll try and change the password and try and get
on, if that fails I'll see if I can update the Kerberos library,
currently I'm using the default one that came with the RedHat 8 CD's.

Andrew mentioned that I can use the Heimdal libraries, I had read those
were incompatible with the current Samba 3 ?

Thanks again.