order of idmap backends

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Wed Jun 25 20:47:26 GMT 2003

On Wed, Jun 25, 2003 at 08:32:36PM +0000, Jeremy Allison wrote about 'Re: order of idmap backends':
> On Wed, Jun 25, 2003 at 10:24:06PM +0200, Stefan (metze) Metzmacher wrote:
> > why did you change DLIST_ADD() to DLIST_ADD_END() ?

> > in smb_register_idmap()

> > why is the order important?

> Because I thought the order was important. It *should* be !
> This is very broken right now....
The order doesn't matter. smb_register_idmap() puts a backend in the
list of available backends and all backend names are unique.

The actually used idmap backend is found by walking thru the linked
list and finding the available backend with the correct name.

> > we should have this in sync with the other smb_register_*() functions!!!
Doesn't matter much, really. Only for the sake of consistency,
perhaps.

Jelmer
--
Jelmer Vernooij <jelmer at nl.linux.org> - http://jelmer.vernstok.nl/