losing connections to password server

Steve Langasek vorlon at netexpress.net
Thu Jun 19 16:22:05 GMT 2003

On Thu, Jun 19, 2003 at 08:53:17AM -0700, David Bear wrote:
> "security = server" may be a nasty hack, but it is an important
> 'feature' in an organization like my university.  We have centrally
> managed services which include user accounts.  This hack lets me add
> users to samba services without having to manage accounts.

So does "security = domain"; except that "security = domain" works,
using the same protocols that Microsoft supports for their own
authentication systems.

The "security = server" hack is /inherently/ flaky, and has /inherently/
limited security.  Fixing these inherent flaws has been done: that's
what domain security is.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer