losing connections to password server

David Bear David.Bear at asu.edu
Thu Jun 19 15:53:17 GMT 2003

"security = server" may be a nasty hack, but it is an important
'feature' in an organization like my university.  We have centrally
managed services which include user accounts.  This hack lets me add
users to samba services without having to manage accounts.  I can't
beleive that there aren't more sys admins who haven't used this
feature.

I am reading the info at http://ubiqx.org/cifs/SMB.html#SMB.8.8 to
gain an understanding of the reasons for pass thru auth,  but I'd vote
to have it improved as the problem mentioned at the start of this
thread is biting me more and more...

--
David Bear
phone: 	480-965-8257