messenger service...

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Mon Jun 16 20:59:49 GMT 2003

Hmmm...  It looks as though we are talking about two different types of
messenger service (which is not surprising in the Windows world).  The
error message you are reporting is a DCE/RPC error message, which means
that you're using RPC for this connection (port 135, perhaps?).  I'm
digging into the older Messenger Service system.  Very different.

Sorry for the confusion.

I *believe* that the error message you report means that the RPC service
you are requesting isn't supported on the other end.  That is, the service
was either disabled or never installed, or possibly that it is being
blocked by a firewall or somesuch.

Does this work against some systems and not others?  Which ones fail?

Chris -)-----

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh at ubiqx.mn.org
OnLineBook -- http://ubiqx.org/cifs/    -)-----   crh at ubiqx.org