Wrong usage of lp_idmap_backend() value?

Alexander Bokovoy a.bokovoy at sam-solutions.net
Wed Jul 2 16:32:03 GMT 2003

On Wed, Jul 02, 2003 at 07:16:30PM +0300, Alexander Bokovoy wrote:
> Greetings!
>
> In smbd/server.c we are supposed to use value of 'idmap backend' option to
> initialize idmap but code logic is different: it decides to override
> everything in 'idmap backend' by 'winbind' unless 'idmap backend' is empty
> in which case we supply NULL as argument to idmap_init().
>
> Is it on purpose or wrong?
Replying myself: Jeremy made this with following comment:

"Stop tdb being used as a remote backend. If an
idmap backend is specified cause smbd to ask winbindd (use winbindd if
you want a consistant remote backend solution).
Should work well enough for next beta now...
Jeremy."
http://cvs.samba.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/samba/source/smbd/server.c.diff?r1=1.372.2.26&r2=1.372.2.27&only_with_tag=SAMBA_3_0&f=h

Ignore previous letter.

--