CVS update: samba/source/passdb

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Jul 1 03:59:15 GMT 2003

On Tue, 2003-07-01 at 12:45, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

> > > dude, just relax and don't be so possessive.  beta2 is not going out
> > > until I get finished.  You could have finished all the trust domain stuff
> > > while it was broken for months.  But you didn't.  Now we need it to
> > > work, so I'm working on it.  If I break a few eggs in the process of
> > > making the omelet, it will be OK.  I'll clean up before I'm done.
> >
> > But if I didn't comment when I thought you accidentally stepped on
> > another on the floor, then how will we know we cleaned up all the cases?
>
> It's your whining and yelling that bothers me.  If you say something like
> "I think this will break in the case XXXX.  I tested it like this <insert
> reproducible test case here> and it broke", I'll be much more ameniable to
> listen.  You come across way to possessive, give the impression that you
> think the code worked perfectly, and then imply that I broke a working
> system.  When we both now the things that we already broken.
>
> Now to give you credit, i don't think you mean it like this, but there are
> better ways of phrasing things in email.
>
> Secondly, the existing code was broke.  I gave you specific examples of
> where it broke.

I would love to see the specific example of how get_global_sam_name()
(rather than one of the callers) was broken.  The other changes all
looked pretty sane (or understandable until we get the trustdom cache
working), but this one just looked odd.   That's why I replied to the
commit message.

I think what we need is a get_default_domain_name() call, that does what
get_global_sam_name() now does.

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet at samba.org
Student Network Administrator, Hawker College   abartlet at hawkerc.net