More Kerberos-related questions

Luke Howard lukeh at PADL.COM
Wed Jan 8 22:34:01 GMT 2003

Well, FWIW, the OSF are looking into releasing the complete DCE
1.2 sources under the LGPL. Some work would be needed to get the
DFS client integrated but I believe it has already been done for
Linux; google for Jim Doyle's work on Linux-DCE.

Doing a CIFS to DFS gateway would be cool, though. I think you
could either have SAMBA forward an addressless ticket to the DFS
server or have the client acquire a ticket for DFS which is
included in the CIFS AP_REQ. I must confess that although I
understand the concepts I don't really understand the protocols
involved in ticket forwarding and delegation.

-- Luke

Luke Howard | PADL Software Pty Ltd | www.padl.com