group mapping and 3.0 pre21

grobe at gmx.net grobe at gmx.net
Fri Jan 3 13:53:01 GMT 2003

Hi!

I finally got the group mapping with smbgroupedit work fine here. The
problem was that I had to fix the group type of my windows-groups on the samba-pdc.
When I did a smbgroupedit -v -l, I got some groups with group type = unknow.
With smbgroupedit -c (mygroup) -t d or -t l I made them local or domain
groups. Now I can see and use them on the client.

The next issue here is how to get my "domain users" into the "power users"
on all my clients. I really don't want to do a "net localgroup" on all 100
client machines... But this is a Windows problem, not a samba problem.

CU Lars.