implementing poilicies using netlogon

rvt at dds.nl rvt at dds.nl
Thu Feb 27 11:24:03 GMT 2003

> On Thu, 27 Feb 2003, Poornima Marattil wrote:
>
> > hi ppl,
> > Need some help.
> > We usually put policy file in the netlogon dir.What if we have 15 to 20
This is possible, doe you have any problems in that area?

> That is a BAD place to put them! Profiles should preferably go into a
> separate Profiles share. Each profile should go under it's own directory
> within that share.
John, I think that he ment to put the *.pol files in the netlogon share, not
the profiles.

John I have a question for you. I put the policys under the users home
directory logon path = \\%N\\%u\.profile

Is this bad? And if so wy??
I know there was a issue with previous version of samba but as fasr as I know
this as been resolved.

Ries