[patch] libsmbclient: shared or static libs, never both?

Green, Paul Paul.Green at stratus.com
Fri Feb 21 20:08:36 GMT 2003

Steve Langasek [mailto:vorlon at netexpress.net] suggests:
> Sometimes, it's useful to be able to build (and install)
> static libraries even on platforms that support shared
> libraries.  The attached patch brings in a few macros from
> libtool's aclocal.m4, to add --enable-shared and
> --enable-static options to configure as a step in this
> direction.

As the person who most recently touched this logic, I support such an
addition.  Making this logic explicit and controllable would be a lot more
transparent than the current detective work (not that you could entirely
eliminate that however).

Thanks
PG
--
Paul Green, Senior Technical Consultant, Stratus Technologies.
Day: +1 978-461-7557; FAX: +1 978-461-3610