winbindd losing trust relationship once in a while (Samba 3.0)

Nir Soffer nirs at exanet.com
Wed Feb 12 08:47:38 GMT 2003

Scenario: Fresh compile of Samba 3.0, both a20 and a21. Attempt to use attached smb.conf.

EXANET-QA is a part of the EXANET-IL domain (e.g - EXANET-IL is the parent domain). EXANET-QA is supposedly set in compatibility mode.

Under certain combinations winbindd seems to be losing it's capability to contact the parent DC.

Samba 3.0a20 works, spordically, unless you do some things (wbinfo -m, see below).
Samba 3.0a21 doesn't work at all for me.

Attached are level 10 logs.

On the same matter, is Samba 3.0a22 on it's way out? Could this be already fixed?

In the case it isn't obvious - Samba 2.2.x works perfectly in this mode.

Samba 3.0a20:
* I had some problems when load_interfaces was called twice in some situations, but now I can't seem to reproduce it...
* When using wbinfo -m winbindd seems to lose all trust information, see follow sequence:
[root at plat1 bin]# !./win
./winbindd -s /cluster/config/samba/smb.conf
[root at plat1 bin]# !getent
getent passwd | grep nirs
nirs:x:5125:625::/users4/nirs:/bin/bash
EXANET-IL+nirs:x:10088:10001:Nir Soffer:/home/EXANET-IL/nirs:/bin/false
[root at plat1 bin]# ./wbinfo -t
checking the trust secret via RPC calls succeeded
[root at plat1 bin]# ./wbinfo -m
[root at plat1 bin]# !getent
getent passwd | grep nirs
nirs:x:5125:625::/users4/nirs:/bin/bash
[root at plat1 bin]# ./wbinfo -t
checking the trust secret via RPC calls succeeded

As you can see, EXANET-IL+nirs is no longer there.
Attached log is log.winbindd.wbinfo

Samba 3.0a21:
Doesn't work at all.
See log.winbindda21

If there is anything I can do to help, I seem to be able to reproduce this at will. I'll be more than glad to attempt whatever you throw at me.

Thanks,
Nir.

--
Nir Soffer -=- Software Engineer, Exanet Inc. -=-
"The poor little kittens; They lost their mittens;