Why reset winbindd_cache.tdb?

Ken Cross kcross at nssolutions.com
Mon Feb 10 00:05:24 GMT 2003

It wasn't clearing the cache that took 12-15 minutes, it was loading the
cache from the AD.  There are a *lot* of users and groups, and all users
are members of *lots* of groups (often 40-50 groups per member).

While cache is being loaded, user authentication stalls.  That's the
rub.

Clearly, if the cache format changes, it'd need to be cleared.  And
maybe due to other things like joining a different domain.  But those
are rare events compared to restarting winbindd.

Anyhow, just checking to see if there were things I wasn't aware of...

Thanks,
Ken