SMB signing glitch

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Sat Dec 27 08:05:13 GMT 2003

On Sat, Dec 27, 2003 at 12:57:56AM +0100, Volker.Lendecke at SerNet.DE wrote:
> Hi!
>
> On an unsuccessful NTLMSSP session setup we're doing signing wrong:
>
> vlendec at delphin:~> smbclient -L w2k3ts -Uvl%asdfg
> [2003/12/27 00:51:40, 0] libsmb/clientgen.c:cli_receive_smb(121)
>   SMB Signature verification failed on incoming packet!
> session setup failed: Server packet had invalid SMB signature!
>
> The following patch makes us match W2k behaviour.
>
> Jeremy, what do you think about that? It's not elegant, but it seems to do
> the job.

I need to test this in my test rig at home (don't get
back unti Jan 3rd) to make sure, but it looks ok. I
remember the problem and was looking for an "elegant"
way of fixing it :-). This isn't elegant, but it is
very short :-). That's always a plus in my book. I'd
say go ahead with it.

Cheers,

	Jeremy.